Surprise






 

Who is not happy with a surprise? A good one, I mean. Of course not me.

I always dream that somebody will give me a (nice) surprise, especially at my birthday.


Nino is different. I mean, he doesn't care about his birthday(that he often forget), he doesn't care when nobody sms him a birthday message. And he doesn't expect a single birthday present.


But I, duh, I couldn't pass my birthday without a gift. Two weeks before the day, I reminded him to think about my birthday present. And please, no more book as my birthday gift (fyi, I always get a book from him, on my B'day). Not that I don't like a book. I, I mean we, love it so much that we consider a book as our daily meal. Beside, it's so predictable. I will get (another) book at my B'day. Helo? Where is the surprise?


Unfortunately, a week before my day, he asked me, "What do you want for your B'day gift?"


Oh, no! Couldn't he just guest what I want? Didn't he get the clue from our conversation? Was I so unpredictable?


"I'm just afraid I disappoint you," he added.


I had no choice but to let him know what I want. I emailed him a gift idea. I was so afraid that he would not make an effort to give me something.


I was so wrong. On my birthday, my daughter woke me up, kissed me Happy Birthday. Nino also kissed me Happy B'day and gave me something special in a BodyShop brown bag. Whua! He did make an effort! Huray. Then I logged on to my email and FS to read some (right, hundred) B'day messages. There was one from Nino. He wished me a very happy birthday and said that I stole his idea. Whuaaa! He said that he had the same idea as mine. He regret that it would not be a surprise for me anymore.


Duh, darling. It was still a great surprise for me (that you made that effort). And I was really happy. And this was my best birthday ever. Not to mention our night. Ups!  


A.K.


form the picture:


Didi: why are you making a birthday cake yourself, Mommy?


Me: (laughing) beause nobody do it for me, Darling.

Comments

Yunisa - said…
Happy Birthday! Seems you did have a great bday! =)
Brécs Man said…
hurray...

Popular posts from this blog

Memulai Investasi Reksadana

Live The Dream

Fitnes, Penting Gak Sih?

"LHO MASIH KECIL KOK SUDAH KELAS 2?"

Love at Every Byte

Kiriman Tak Sampai

Penulis Kurang Gizi

Testimonial

The Drama