Day Off


What will you do in your day off? When you are able to take off your 'mother-hat' and your 'wife-hat' and simply become you.


I have two days off every Thursday and Friday, when Didi goes to ChildCare. I always look forward to these days, imagining what I can do to indulge myself. However, as the day comes, I simply don't know what to do.


Last week, I planned to have a luxurious bath with my Body Shop champagne-scent bubble bath, but then I realized that my bathtub was a bit leak. I wanted to go shopping, but I thought that shopping was included in a housewife's task (wasn't it?), so better not to do it in my day off. 


So, I enjoyed myself reading for hours (at that time: Burnt Toast - Teri Hatcher's Autobiography), then I put some more sentences to my forever-unfinished novel. After that I returned some books to the library and called my sister on the way home. Unfortunately, she's busy with her new band (or maybe a new boyfriend). Then I thought maybe I could save my 50 cent phone coin by ringing someone else, but I had no friends that worthed an International call. Uhm, I mean, YM-ing is way cheaper, why bother?


Time flew, Didi and her father went home at 4.30 pm. It's silly, but I've just realized that I missed them so much.


A.K.

Comments

Brécs Man said…
ya... brarti ngisi day off dengan rindu yak? ))
Imazahra Chairi said…
Wow, jadi pingin ikut merasakan asiknya jadi full time mom :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Memulai Investasi Reksadana

Live The Dream

Fitnes, Penting Gak Sih?

"LHO MASIH KECIL KOK SUDAH KELAS 2?"

Love at Every Byte

Kiriman Tak Sampai

Penulis Kurang Gizi

Testimonial

The Drama